Arundel Church of England School is situated at the end of Jarvis Road in Arundel, West Sussex.
Our school is surrounded by beautiful woodland and benefits from extensive outside space. On-site we have many wonderful areas for the children to enjoy, such as:
· A large field, used for a range of sports throughout the year, which also includes an exercise track, a jungle gym, an amphitheatre, a boat, raised planting beds, a gazebo and some lovely areas of shade under mature trees.
· A summerhouse called 'The Olive Branch' and our Peace Garden, which features two sculptures, one of praying hands and a second displaying the school’s core values of faith, hope and love, both available for quiet contemplation.
· Two playgrounds marked with games and grids for a variety of activities, two outdoor table tennis tables and a range of seating.
· An outside space for Reception and Year 1 children with a wooden house, mud kitchen, stage, bridge, seating area, planters, castle and shop, where a range of different activities take place every day.
· An all-weather grassed play area with a climbing frame and slide.
· A large section of the woodland dedicated to our forest school, which is within our school boundaries and is accessed from one of the two playgrounds, providing an ideal environment for whole-class learning outside.
But a school is just a building. At the heart of ACE are the people who learn here – adults and children interacting to create an environment where everyone can aim high to reach their full potential. We strive to get the best out of everyone, every day.
Our ACE Values and our Vision Statement are fundamental to all we do.
ACE - the environment